Before you start
- Make sure to connect the camera directly to a USB port on the computer. Connection through a USB hub or other USB devices isn't supported.
- Computers pre-installed with older versions of Microsoft Windows operating systems may not be fully compatible with the Windows 10 operating system. If the Windows 10 operating system on your computer is not pre-installed, then some import methods may not function correctly.
Transfer Pictures or Movies
- Power on your computer.
Note: If your computer has a card reader and your pictures or movies are on a memory card in your camera, you can insert the card directly into the computer and transfer the content.
- Make sure that the recording media that contains the pictures or movies is in the camera.
Note: For cameras with internal memory, remove the memory card from the camera. The computer can't read the internal memory if a memory card is inserted.
- Connect the camera to the computer with the supplied USB cable.
- Power on the camera.
Note: The computer automatically detects the camera, installs the appropriate drivers from the Windows 10 operating system, and an AutoPlay window should appear on the computer screen.
- Transfer your pictures and videos. Below are different methods to transfer your pictures and videos to your computer. Choose the option that works best for you.
Use PlayMemories Home software.Notes:
- Visit the PlayMemories Home support page for more information on how to import pictures and videos.
- PlayMemories Home does not support the ILCE-7SM3 and ILCE-7C cameras.