What is JEITA A measuring standard?
JEITA A stands for Japan Electronic Information Technology Association (Ver 1.0).
JEITA A measuring standard is based on the following conditions:
1. Screen saver: None.
Right-click on the desktop→ Personalize →Screen saver→ None
2. Volume control: Mute.
Select the Volume icon on the taskbar→ Right-click→ Open volume Mixer→ Mute
3. Switch off the Wireless LAN switch
Select the Wireless Function icon on the taskbar→ Right-click→ Show main dialog→ Deselect Enable Wireless LAN→ Click Apply
4. Complete the initial settings of McAfee Security Center
5. Turn off the Windows automatic updates
Start→ Control panel→ Windows update→ Automatic updating off
Select VAIO Maximum Battery
Control Panel - Power Options, select VAIO Maximum Battery
*VAIO Maximum Battery is hidden under Show additional plans by default.
Go to Change advanced power settings - Advanced settings tab
1. Turn off the display: Never
2. Put the computer to sleep: Never
VAIO Power Management
Go to Change advanced power settings - VAIO Power Management - Advanced button
1. Leave Enable VAIO Power Management selected.
2. Deselect Automatically hibernate when computer goes into a low-power state.
Adjust the brightness of the LCD
Change the brightness level to 2 with Fn & F5 or F6 key.
Please refer to the instructions below.
1. Fully charge the battery on the notebook.
2. Playback the video clip which stored on your HDD Drive continuously.
Please refer to the information below to obtain the testing media file.
a. Visit http://it.jeita.or.jp/mobile/e/index.html
b. Click 3. MPEG measurement file and then click MPEG file for JEITA Battery Run Time Measurement Method approx. 30MB
c. Save the MPEG file onto the hard disk drive.
3. Calculate the running time after unplugging the AC adaptor until the notebook automatically shuts down.
For more information on JEITA A Battery Run Time Measurement Method for VAIO notebook, please visit the following website.