Questions regarding pairing FES Watch U with a smartphone
This page introduces connection information about FES watch U with a smartphone.
Please select the topic to view the information.
Q: Can the watch be used without a smartphone?
A: Without a smartphone, the watch can only be used to display the time, change the pattern, and set the time.
To use all the functions such as adding patterns, a connection with a smartphone is required.
Q: Can the watch be used with multiple smartphones?
A: The watch can only register a single smartphone.
You need to initialize the watch before registering another smartphone.
Q: Does the watch have the functions of a smartwatch?
A: The watch does not have smartwatch functions such as lifelogging or notification.
How to set up
Q: How do I set up the watch when I change to another smartphone?
A: If you change to another smartphone, the watch needs to be initialized. After initialization, connect the smartphone and the watch using the "FES Closet" app to use functions such as sending patterns.
Initializing your watch resets the watch to the default settings at the time of purchase.
Try the following steps.
- Install the "FES Closet" app from either the App Store or Google Play on the new smartphone.
- Launch the "FES Closet" app.
When the following screen appears, follow the instructions on the screen to connect your smartphone and the watch.
- Turn on the Bluetooth function of the smartphone.
- If your smartphone is Android 6.0 or later version, allow the “FES Closet” app to access the location information on the smartphone.
- Initialize the watch.
- Tap (Settings) in the top right corner of the CLOSET screen.
- Tap Watch Settings.
- Tap Initialize Watch.
- Tap Initialize Watch on the INITIALIZE WATCH screen.
- Tap OK on the confirmation screen.
The following display appears on the watch and the countdown screen appears on the “FES Closet” app.
- Press the button on the watch for more than 2 seconds and within 10 seconds after the operation in step 5.
Initialization starts. The initialization is complete when the following display disappears. It takes about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Connect the watch to your smartphone.
Q: The watch cannot be connected to a smartphone.
A: Try the following steps.
- Make sure that your smartphone and the OS are supported by the "FES Closet" app.
For information on supported OSes and smartphone models, refer to the following.
Questions regarding OS information for FES Watch U
- Make sure that the Bluetooth function of your smartphone is turned on.
NOTE: If your smartphone is Android 6.0 or later version, allow the “FES Closet” app to access the location information on the smartphone.
- Check if the (Bluetooth) connection icon is displayed on the watch.
If the icon is not displayed, press and hold the button on the watch for at least two seconds.
- Check the remaining battery level of the watch.
You can display the battery icon that indicates the remaining battery level by pressing and holding the button on the watch for at least two seconds.
When the battery is almost empty, appears automatically even if you do not press the button. Please charge the watch.
After checking the remaining charge, press the button for more than 2 seconds to turn off the battery icon.
NOTE: If the battery is used up, it will take 2.5 hours to complete charging.
- Take the watch off your wrist and bring the antenna of the watch closer to your smartphone in order to make the connection more stable.
- If the issue is not resolved after following the steps above, restart the watch by pressing and holding the button on the watch for at least 20 seconds.
NOTE: You will need to reset the current time after restarting the watch.