The battery icon display on my Walkman flashes red and white
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
When the ambient temperature exceeds the recommended range, the (Battery status) icon will appear on the status bar and charging will be forcibly terminated. This is done as a precaution and is not a malfunction.
The recommended operating temperature range is 5 °C to 35 °C (41 ºF to 95 ºF). We recommend that you use the device in an environment within the recommended temperature range.
For other charging precautions, refer to the following Help Guides.
- NW-A100 Series: Notes on charging the battery
- NW-A300 Series: Notes on charging the battery
- NW-ZX500 Series: Notes on charging the battery
- NW-ZX700 Series: Notes on charging the battery
- NW-WM1AM2/NW-WM1ZM2: Notes on charging the battery