Please check the following when this symptom occurs:
1. Is there any file history saved to the floppy disk being stored to the My Recent Documents menu?
- If there is, delete the file history from the My Recent Documents menu.
2. Is Windows being shut down with the Floppy Disk dialog window still active on the screen?
- If the dialog window is still active, the computer starts to access the 3.5 inch disk drive once Windows starts up. Close the Floppy Disk dialog window before shutting down Windows.
3. Is the anti-virus software scanning the 3.5 inch floppy disk drive?
- The anti-virus software might be scanning the 3.5 inch floppy disk drive during the time when Windows was shutting down. Check if this scanning function has been enabled or not.
Note: If other anti-virus softwares are installed instead of the pre-installed one, please contact the vendors of the respective softwares.