This symptom can be resolved by changing the settings of CPU FAN Control with the steps below.
1. Connect the AC adapter. Click Start and click Control Panel.
2. Click Performance and Maintenance and click Power Options.
3. Click Power Schemes and set the Plugged in setting of CPU FAN Control to Performance.
4. Click OK and close the Power Options Properties dialog box.
* If the problem persists after changing the CPU FAN Control setting, please follow the steps below to check if there is any latest DVD-ROM firmware updates:
In the Downloads section, please select Notebook and proceed with the steps below:
1. Move the cursor to the relevant Notebook Series and click the model of the VAIO computer.
2. Locate any latest DVD-ROM firmware updates and proceed as per instructions on the screen.