Functions for operating the computer can be assigned to the S1 and S2 buttons on the VAIO computer. Please refer to the following steps to assign functions to these buttons:
- Sony Notebook Setup Utility Version 3.3 can be used to assign functions to these buttons.
1. Start Sony Notebook Setup Utility Version 3.3 and click S1/S2 buttons.
2. To assign functions to the individual button, select the functions from the drop down list.
3. Select External Display and click Advance.
(External Display function is used in this example.)
4. Select the desired setting and click OK twice to close the Sony Notebook Setup Utility Version 3.3 dialog box.
5. Once functions have been assigned to these buttons, press the button to activate the function.
Functions such as Muting, Standby, Hibernate and Max Brightness can also be assigned to these buttons.