To playback a DVD+R Double Layer Single Session Finalized media, please download the latest Sony DW-U55A Version 2.5b Firmware Upgrade.
- During the installation of this update, be sure to log in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of programs before proceeding.
- Several setup boxes may briefly appear during the installation. As the files are installed, these boxes will close automatically.
In the Downloads section, please select Notebook and proceed with the steps below:
1. Move the cursor to the relevant Notebook Series and click the model of the VAIO computer.
2. Locate Sony DW-U55A Version 2.5b Firmware Upgrade and proceed as per instructions on the screen.
If the symptom persists after upgrading the DVD-ROM firmware, it could be due to the following:
1. Poor quality of DVD media
2. Malfunction of hardware
In the case of hardware malfunction, please contact the local Sony VAIO Helpdesk. For more information on how to contact t local Sony VAIO Helpdesk, please refer to either Customer Service Guide or Warranty Card that comes with the computer, or visit the Support Network of the VAIO website.