Please refer to the following steps to import a track recorded on a Network Walkman to the VAIO computer using SonicStage Version 2.*:
Important: Copying or editing of data is only allowed when the user creates the data or when the user is authorized by the copyright holder to copy or edit the material. If the user does not own the copyright or yet to obtained the approval, the copyright law may be infringed and the user may be liable for the compensation for the losses resulting from such infringement. Please consult a legal party if unsure about copyrights issue.
1. Connect a Network Walkman to the VAIO computer.
2. Click Start, select All Program, select SonicStage and click SonicStage.
3. Click Transfer and select the tracks from the Network Walkman list on the right.
- To select multiple tracks, click the tracks while holding down CTRL.
4. Click Import and specify the transfer destination.
- To import the track to a new album, select Import to a new album and enter the desired album name in the text box.
- To add the track to an existing album in My Library, select Import to an existing album and click Browse to select the album.
5. Click OK to start the importing process.
- Tracks recorded on a Network Walkman that supports ATRAC3plus and MagicGate Memory Stick can be imported into My Library.
- The track (including all attached rights and album/track information) is deleted from the Network Walkman if it is imported into My Library.
- Make sure the write protect tab of the MagicGate Memory Stick which is in the Network Walkman is set to an unlocked position. Otherwise, the tracks cannot be imported into My Library from the Network Walkman.
- To prevent hardware damage, please avoid the following during initializing:
1. Disconnecting the Network Walkman from the computer.
2. Removing the MagicGate Memory Stick from the Network Walkman.
3. While tracks are being imported, the computer cannot go into hibernation or standby mode.