1. Start Control Panel and double-click Add/Remove Programs.
2. Select Norton Crash Guard and click Remove to uninstall the program.
(Microsoft® Windows® 98 is equipped with Dr Watson, which has the same purpose as Norton Crash Guard.)
3. Click Start and click Run.
4. Type msconfig and click OK
5. Click the Startup tab and remove all the options related to Norton Crash Guard.
6. Click OK and restart the computer.
Note: Norton Crash Guard also known to cause some issue with Microsoft® Access® 97.