The default printer is the printer Windows® 98 normally sends a document to be printed. The default printer selection is made in the Printers window and can be changed at any time.
Please refer to the steps below to change the default printer status:
1. Click Start -> Settings -> Printers to open the Printers window.
2. Click the icon of the printer to be set as the default printer.
3. Right-click the icon or click on the File option in the Printers window.
4. In the drop-down menu, click the Set as Default option. The menu will close.
5. Re-open the menu to confirm that there is now a check mark to the left of Set as Default. The check mark indicates that this printer is now set as the default printer.