Firstly, connect the serial mouse to the port replicator. Then install the serial port mouse to the system with the steps below:
A. Disabling the built-in touchpad
1. Click Start, point to Settings -> Control Panel -> System.
2. In System Properties, click the Device Manager tab and select the Mouse icon.
3. Select Alps GlidePoint and click Properties.
4. In the General tab, select the Disable in this hardware profile option.
5. Click OK.
The cursor will freeze.
6. Press the Windows key and select Restart to restart the computer.
After the computer restarts, the touchpad cannot be used.
In System Properties -> Device Manager -> Alps GlidePoint, make sure an X is displayed.
B. Installing the serial mouse driver
1. Press the Windows key and select Control Panel.
2. Select Add New Hardware and folllow the steps by pressing Enter twice.
3. Select No, the device isn't in the list and press Enter again.
4. Press Enter to search for the new hardware.
5. If the device is detected successfully, press Enter and proceed to Step 9. Otherwise, choose the hardware types : Mouse to manually install the mouse driver.
6. Press Enter to select the appropriate manufacturer and models type.
7. Press the Tab key once to select Models and select the Standard Serial Mouse. Then, press Enter.
8. After the new driver is installed, press the Windows key and select Restart to restart the computer.