What shall I do to prevent the computer from slowing down?
The processing speed may be slowed down depending on the operating environment. Perform any of the following:
1) When many applications are being executed:
- Close some applications to reduce the number of running applications.
2) When many files are not optimized:
- Run the [Disk Defragmenter] program.
- Click [Start]->[Programs]->[Accessories]->[System Tools] and select the [Disk Defragmenter] to run the program.
3) When many tasks (TSR program) are running at the background:
- Remove the unnecessary TSR program.
- Click [Start]->[Run]. On the Run dialog box, type "Msconfig" and click [OK].
- Select the [Startup] tab at the system setup utility screen. By deselecting items, you can disable the programs that are not required.
Do not remove all the TSR programs in the system setup Utility. Please contact the manufacturer of the application software for more detail of the setting for each TSR program.
4) Check the System Resources of the Windows:
- Click [Start]->[Accessories]->[System Tools] and select the [System Information].
- Check the [System Resources] and make sure the resources does not drop below 50%.
- Restart the PC regularly will help to avoid the system resources to drop below 50%.
- Check the system requirements of the application software and add memory when necessary to speed up the loading process. (Note that the situation may not be improved drastically by adding memory.)
Other possible cause to slow down the operation speed are when the computer is connected to network or when the computer loading some virus program during the start up.