How do I set the dual-display mode when VAIO is connected to an external monitor or projector ?
To display an application (eg. Microsoft Word) on VAIO's screen and the other application (eg. Internet Explorer) on the external monitor's screen, please follow the procedures below:
1) Right-click on "Desktop" and select [Properties] to launch [Display Properties].
2) Click the [Settings] tab and click on [Advanced] button.
3) Click the [NeoMagic] tab and check the [Set Dual-Display] box.
4) Click [Advanced Settings] and make sure it is set to [CRT] if VAIO is connected to an external monitor. Otherwise set it to [Projector] if an external projector is used.
5) Click on [Apply] button and click [Yes] to restart Windows.
After the PC has restarted, the external monitor will display another screen whereby you are able to drag any opened Windows (eg. Internet Explorer) to the monitor screen.
Note: The resolution of the external monitor or projector can be adjusted by steps 1 to 3 mentioned above.