Computer name before recovery: z9xq0tgwjz4
Computer name after recovery: sftlei45vek
It occurs because a different character string is used as a default of the computer name whenever the re-installation of Windows 2000 is executed.
Windows 2000 automatically creates a different character string whenever re-installation is executed and sets it as a default of the computer name.
The computer name can be changed during the setup operation of Windows 2000.
The computer name can be also changed in the following procedure.
1. Right-click the icon of "My Computer" on the desktop.
2. Click "Properties" and "System Properties" appears.
3. Click the "Network Identification" tab and click the "Properties" button.
4. As the input window of the computer name appears, enter any computer name and click the "OK" button.
5. Click the "OK" button of the "System Properties" to close the window.
6. Restart the computer in accordance with the message, "You must reboot this computer for the changes to take effect", and the new computer name will be validated.
* When it is necessary to use a fixed computer name to connect an existing network, for example, change the computer name in the above procedure.