There are two ways to disable Auto-play function.
One is just for temporarily and the other is for all the time.
After placing a CD-ROM into CD-ROM Drive, press and hold [Shift] key during access indicator flashing.
-For all the time
1. "Start|Settings|Control Panel|System.
2. Click on the Device Manager tab.
3. Highlight and double-click on the CD-ROM category. A line should appear below this line describing the CD-ROM type.
4. Click on the Properties button in the lower left corner of Device Manager.
5. Click on the Settings tab.
6. Remove check from "Auto insert notification".