How to configure the settings of Auto-detect of network card in Windows Vista?
Enabling (switch on) or disabling (switch off) the Auto Detect function.
Please disable the Auto Detect function if internet communication speed is slow or the computer cannot to connect to internet.
To enable or disable the Auto Detect function, please refer to the following steps.
Different computer models have different interfaces displayed.
- Click Start, right-click Computer, and click Properties to open Device Manager.
- Click + besides the Network adapters.
- Right-click the device name of the Network adapter, and then click Properties.
- Click Advanced, and then click Speed & Duplex in Property.
For different computer models, Link speed & duplex or Speed & Duplex may display in Property.
- Different settings require different operating methods.
● Enable Auto Detect.
Click in Value, and then select Auto Detect.
● Disable Auto Detect.
Select other items except Auto Detect.
Different network conditions (the communication speed and the way to communication) require different items to be selected.
- Click OK to apply the changes.