Below are the two ways to rescue data.
- Normal data rescue
Rescues all data on the internal hard disk drive, and saves it to a single external hard disk drive.
- Custom data rescue
Rescues only the files users specify and saves it to hard disk drive, flash media, blu-ray disc, DVD, or CD.
Please refer to the following related link on how to perform Custom data rescue.
Normal data rescue can only save it to a single external hard disk drive.
Please refer to the following related link on how to perform Normal data rescue.
Please refer to the following related link on the product properties of VAIO Data Restore Tool.
In addition, please note the following items.
- Make sure to save and store the rescue data.
- VAIO Data Restore Tool cannot guarantee to rescue all data in the hard disk drive.
Sony is not responsible for the data loss.
- If users have enabled encryption function of the hard disk drive, please unlock the code.
- If users use VAIO Data Restore Tool，make sure to connect the computer to the power supply.
- SONY recommends users to use external hard disk drive with USB or I.LINK ports for Normal data rescue.
- In the process of rescue, users cannot save the data to several external hard disk drives.
In addition, in the process of rescue, users cannot change the saving location.
- Use recovery disc, F10 or F8 to start VAIO Recovery Utility (or VAIO Recovery Center).
- Please perform the operations below according to different preinstalled software.
- VAIO Recovery Utility
S Click VAIO Data Restore Tool.
- VAIO Recovery Center
Click VAIO Data Restore Tool on the left, and then click Start on the right.
- Click Next in VAIO Data Restore Tool.
If the last time users perform VAIO Data Restore Tool, the mission is half completed, select Continue the process cancelled，and then click Next.
- Select I agree, and then click Next in Sony End User License Agreement.
- Confirm the displayed Protective steps，disclaimer, and then click Next.
- Select Normal data rescue, and then click Next in Select How to Rescue Data.
- Click Yes if following prompting message appears.
Data can be rescued is detected from the internal hard disk drive.
The process may take several minutes.
Do you want to start the process?
- Please wait for several minutes before detecting the rescue data completes.
- Save in Hard Disk Drive dialog box appears.
Confirm the connection of the external hard disk drive and the computer, and then click Next.
- If the external hard disk drive does not have enough space, the following dialog box will display to stop the process of data rescue.
Please confirm Size of data to rescue.
- If users connect the external hard disk drive to the computer, the following information will display.
Click Install drivers in Prepare hard disk driver to save the rescue data to install hard disk driver.
- Click Start in Writing data.
- Writing data starts.
※ If users have connected several hard disk drives to the computer, please save the data to the one with largest capacity.
The external hard disk drive which serves as saving target address display as Save in：.
- Click OK in Data rescue is complete.
- Data rescue is complete dialog box displays.
If users want to confirm the result of data rescue, click the drive to rescue in Data rescue result, and then click Detailed information.
- Detailed information dialog box displays.
Click the file, and the data rescue result will display in the bottom the dialog box.
The following are the 4 types of information displayed.
- Save successfully.
- Separately data save successfully.
- Data rename save successfully.
- Save unsuccessfully.
- Click Close.
- Click Back in Data rescue is complete.
- If the prompting message which requires users to restart computer displays, click YES.