To connect to the Internet by FTTH (Fiber to the home), user needs to use the New Connection Wizard to create a PPPoE connection.
Please refer to the information below when the Internet cannot be connected by FTTH (Fiber to the home).
Please refer to the steps below to troubleshoot the issue
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Click Network and Internet Connections.
- Click Network Connections.
- Click Network Tasks, and then click Create a new connection.
- Click Next.
- Check Connect to the Internet, and then click Next.
- Select Set up my connection manually, and then click Next.
- Select Connect using a broadband connection that requires a user name and password, and then click Next.
- Type the name of the ISP in the following box ISP Name, and then click Next.
※ The name entered here will be the name of the connection being creating.
- Type the internet account information in User name, Password and Confirm password, and then click Next.
- Click Finish.
- When the Connect (ISP Name) dialog box appears, click Cancel.
The new connection icon will appear in the Network Connection page.
- In the Network and Internet Connections page, click Set up or change your Internet connection.
- The steps vary when user chooses to configure a DNS server or not.
If user doesn't know whether it is necessary to configure a DNS server, please consult the Internet Service Provider.
● No need to configure a DNS server
● Need to configure a DNS server
- Click Properties in the (ISP Name) settings dialogue box.
- Click the Networking tab in the (ISP Name) Properties dialog box, select Internet Protocol(TCP/IP) and click Properties.
- Select Use the following DNS server addresses, type the assigned information of ISP in Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server, and then click OK.
Regarding DNS configuration please contact your local ISP.
The above steps describe how to configure a DNS server.
The steps depend on the actual display of the page.