When I start [Sound Recorder] and click the [Record] button while playing back a music CD with Media Bar, an error message appears and the recording fails. Why?
(To reproduce the symptom)
1. Click [Start] -> [Programs] -> [Media Bar].
2. When the [Media Bar] window appears, click the [Analyzer] button to enable the analyzer function.
3. Insert a music CD into the CD-ROM drive and click the [Play] button on the [Media Bar] window.
* When the music CD is inseted, [Media Bar] automatically starts and begins to playback the CD sometimes.
4. Click [Start] -> [Programs] -> [Accessories] -> [Entertainment] -> [Sound Recorder].
5. When I click the [Record] button on "Sound Recorder", the following message appears.
"Another application is recording audio. Stop recording with this other application and then try to record with Sound Recorder again."
This symptom occurs due to the specifications of Windows.
The analyzer of Media Bar obtains sound by using the recording device and Sound Recorder also obtains sound from the recording device for recording sound. As typical recording devices cannot be used by multiple applications at the same time,
Sound Recorder, therefore, cannot be used when the analyzer of Media Bar is in operation.