The symptom can be avoided by changing the Internet Options settings.
# For Windows Me and Windows 2000
1. Click Start, click Settings and then click Control Panel.
2. Double-click Internet Options.
# For Windows XP
1. Click Start and then click Control Panel.
2. Click Network and Internet Connections and click Internet Options.
3. Click Programs tab and then select Outlook Express.
4. Click Reset Web Settings.
5. Unselect Also reset my home page option and click Yes.
6. Click Yes, select Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser option and click OK.
If the symptom persists even after the execution of the above procedure, a problem may lie in the association of the file of the URL (Uniform Resource Locator) protocol.