When this symptom occurs, initialize the information of DRM (Digital Rights Management) and carry out the individualization process to obtain the license.
The DRM folder that is displayed with the following procedure is a hidden folder of the system.
Make sure that the computer has the Show all filesoption selected for viewing hidden files and folders.
1. Double-click My Computer on the desktop and double-click Local Disk (C:).
2. Double-click Windows and double-click DRM.
3. Delete the following files:
4. Close all the open windows, connect to the Internet and visit the following Microsoft's Web page.
Windows Media Technologies
5. Click Start on the Web page.
This symptom cannot be avoided by upgrading Windows Media Player to the 7.1 version (7.01.00.3055).
For more information, please see the following solution in Microsoft's technical support website:
Title: PRB: Windows Media Player 7 Individualization Process Breaks the DRM Client on Windows Millennium Edition.
Last reviewed: 3rd May 2002