The copyright-ready data purchased through the Internet is lost.
When the system is re-set with the use of the recovery CD-ROM or the machine is repaired/exchanged due to problems, the copyright-ready data purchased through the Internet is lost.
If the machine contains music data important to the user, therefore, back up the data without fail.
The data downloaded through the electronic music distribution (EMD) service can be played back only with the authorized system.
If you format or replace the hard disk drive, the authentication information is lost even though you back up the file itself.
To play back the copyright-ready data which authentication information was lost, you will sometimes have to go through the authentication procedure through the Internet again.
For the backup of the data downloaded with the electronic music distribution (EMD) service, get in touch with the EMD service provider from which you downloaded the data.
When you are using "OpenMG Jukebox" or "SonicStage", refer to the following countermeasures.
= When "OpenMG Jukebox" is in use
If your machine contains the copyright-ready data purchased through the Internet to enjoy it with your memory-stick WM, you cannot play back the backed-up file, which is described in the catalog and the instruction manual, because the data is stored after the encryption in order to protect the copyright.
If the right-related information for security recorded to the system is lost due to the system re-setup with the recovery CD-ROM or the exchange of the hard disk drive, the data cannot be played back even though it remains in the system. Be sure to back up the file with the backup tool.
- [OpenMG Jukebox Backup Tool] is available only from the OpenMG Web page. To down load it, you need to have connectivity to the Internet.
- As you need to connect to the server to get authentication when you restore the backup data, you must be able to connect to the Internet.
If you cannot use the backup tool, you cannot play back the audio data even if you backed up the copyright-ready data and restore it later. Please note that the data is lost as a result.
- When the system is re-set with the recovery CD-ROM
Be sure to refer to the following points to be check in the following relevant solution when the user agrees to the system recovery with the recovery CD-ROM
--Relevant Solution: ID 6392 and 6393
Precautions for executing recovery
Download can be done upon the agreement to the following.
* Abstract from [Terms of service of bitmusic music distribution]
Article 13: Assurances
1. We shall simply provide the users with this service in the form we stipulate without warranting the perfectibility, correctness, reliability and usability of the contents of the service and those of the information obtained through this service to the users or the third parties.
2. We shall not take any responsibilities, except what are explicitly specified in this regulation, for the inconveniences or damage occurring from the provision of the service, including the delay in the provision of this service, the outflow, the loss or the abuse by the third parties of the information provided through this service and of the data stored to the users' computers and other devices.
3. The control and protection of the personal information of the users of this service is limited to those of SSL (Secure Socket Layer). We do not provide, explicitly or implicitly, the users with the warrant that exceeds those limitations