To remove resident applications from startup, please follow the steps below:
1. Right-click on the Start and click Open-All Users
2. Double-click the Programs icon and double-click the Startup icon to open its window.
3. Move or delete shortcut icons in the window to remove them from the Startup window.
i. To delete icons
Right-click on the shortcut icons and click Delete
ii. To move icons *To move the shortcut icons to the desktop
a. Right-click on the shortcut icon and click Cut
b. Right-click on the desktop and click Paste
c. The icon is now moved to the desktop.
To close programs from Administrative Tools, follow the procedures below:
1. Click Start, point to Settings and click Control Panel
2. Double-click the Administrative Tools icon and double-click the Service icon to open it.
3. When the program names appear on the right of the window, right-click on the program that user want to stop and click Stop
The program that is stopped will not launch at the startup of Windows®.
i) To disable resident applications during the startup of Windows®
* They operate normally after the re-startup of Windows®.
A. To disable resident applications from the task tray
Right-click on the icon on the task tray. User can disable the program if Stop, Close or Exit option is available.
- Right-click on the BatteryScope icon and click Close
- Right-click on the Touch Pad icon and click Remove Icon
B. To disable resident applications from Task Manager
1. Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE keys simultaneously to display the Windows® Security window.
2. Click the Task Manager button.
3. Click the Processes tab on the Windows Task Manager windows.
4. Select the program that user want to disable from the displayed programs and click the End Process button.
User are advised to check with the manufacturers if user want to disable the applications which are installed by user.