To copy the user profile that was used before to a newly created user, please refer to the following procedure:
1) Create a new user.
2) When you have created a new user, log off Windows and log on as the user created in step 1.
3) Log off Windows again and log on as the user with "Administrators", other than the user created in the above steps.
4) Click [Start] -> [Settings] -> [Control Panel].
5) When the [Control Panel] window appears, double-click the [System] icon and click the [User Profiles] tab in the [System Properties] dialog box.
6) Click the previous user profile (the profile you want to copy) from the [Profiles stored on this computer] box and click the [Copy to] button.
7) Click the [Change] button in the [Permitted to use] box.
8) When the [Select User or Group] dialog box appears, select the user created in step 1 (a new user whose profile you want to copy) and click [OK].
9) When the [Copy to] dialog box appears, click the [Browse] button in the [Copy profile to] box.
10) Select the user profile (folder*) created in step 1 (new user whose profile you want to copy) and click the [OK] button.
* Each profile file usually exists under [C:\Documents and Settings].
11) The [Confirm Copy] dialog box with the following message appears. Click [Yes].
"[C:\Documents and Settings\_] already exists (\_ is for the name of the profile you have selected). The current contents of this directory on this file will be deleted during this operation. Are you sure you want to continue?"
- When you copy a user profile, the file in the [My Documents] folder will be replaced. You have to back up the important data to another location in advance.
- The contents of the mails will not be copied. You have to back up your mail data in advance.