After setting the System Recovery CD-ROM, execute [FDISK] in [Safe mode command prompt only].
A) When using PCGA-CD51:
1) Connect PCGA-CD51 to your PC and insert the System Recovery Disc 1 into CD-ROM before starting the computer.
2) When SONY logo appears, hold down the [Ctrl] key.
3) Windows Startup Menu appears. and select [Safe mode command prompt only].
4) When MS-DOS starts, the following appears.
Enter as follows to move to the DOS directory.
5) Execute [FDISK] from the DOS directory.
6) When you have finished operating [FDISK], restart your computer to restore the system with System Recovery CD.
B) When using CD-ROM other than PCGA-CD51:
If you use a CD-ROM drive other than PCGA-CD51, execute DOS commands from the startup disk.
You cannot use a CD-ROM drive in [Safe Mode Command Prompt only].