Sometimes the serial mouse will be disabled after resume from suspend and hibernation mode. To enable the mouse again follow the procedure below:
A) To refresh the hardware devices.
1) Press the Windows start key and using arrows keys to select [Setting] -> [Control Panel] -> [System] and press enter.
2) In system properties, use tab key and arrow key to select the [Device Manager].
3) Now select the [Refresh] a few times so as to refresh the hardware devices.
4) The mouse should be abled to use now, if not goto step B.
B) To restart the computer.
1) Press the Windows start key and using arrows keys and go to the control panel.
2) Use arrow key to select [Shut Down] and select [Restart] and press enter to restart the computer.
The serial mouse should be able to use after the computer restart.