To restore registries with the registry checker, please execute the following procedure.
1) Select [Command prompt only] from Startup Menu of Windows and start Window in the MS-DOS mode.
* To display Startup Menu, start the machine and keep the [F8] key pressed.
When you select [Restart in MS-DOS mode] from Shut Down, Scandisk cannot be executed due to insufficient memory size.
2) At [C:\>] type "scandisk" to execute Scandisk.
3) If Scandisk is executed without any problem, try to restore registries with the registry checker.
Type "scanreg /restore" to start the registry checker.
4) Select the date closest to the date when you made recovery reset of the registries with the registry checker. If you are uncertain of the recovery reset date or if you have not reset them up till now, select the date closest to the date after the purchase of your machine.
For your information, once previous registries are restored, those devices/applications which you have added at a later date may become unusable. Please note that you will have to rearrange the drivers and re-install the applications to register them again to the registries.
5) When registries are restored successfully, the system prompts you to re-start the system. Exit the registry checker. If Windows starts, it means that your restoration was successfully executed. However, if the system still malfunctions even after using any registry with scanreg, it means the problem does not lie with the registries only. We recommend you to reset the entire system with the Recovery CD-ROM.
If the entire system is reset with the Recovery CD-ROM, we cannot guarantee that the files, except those installed at the time of factory shipment, are normally kept in the system. Please make sure that the necessary files are backed up before you reset the system.