[NetBEUI] does not appear on the addition list of the [My Network Places] dialog box and I cannot add a protocol sometimes. Why?
You may try the following procedure to avoid the symptom.
1) Create a new folder in your preferred location (e.g. desktop). Let's create a folder [test] here as an example.
2) Copy the following files from the [C\Windows\inf] folder to the [test] folder created in the step (1).
3) Right-click the [My Network Places] icon on the desktop, and then click [Properties].
4) Click the [Configuration] tab on the [Network] window, and then click the [Add] button.
5) Click [Protocol] in the [Select Network Component Type] dialog box, and then click the [Add] button.
6) Click the [Have Disk] button on the [Select Network Protocol] dialog box.
7) Specify the [test] folder created in the step (1) in the [Install From Disk] dialog box, and click [OK].
8) When the list of protocols appears, select the protocol you want to add and click [OK].