Follow the steps below to copy files to a CD-R/RW media using DirectCD:
Insert a CD-R/RW media into the CD-ROM drive. Follow the instructions provided by DirectCD Wizard to format the CD-R/RW media.
A. Drag-and-drop function
1. Start Windows Explorer.
2. Select the folders or files that are to be copied to the CD-R/RW media and drag to the CD-ROM drive icon.
B. Send-to function
Select and right-click those files that are to be copied to the CD-R/RW media, point to Send to and click DirectCD Drive.
C. Save-As function for individual files
1. Click File tab and click Save As....
2. Select the CD-ROM drive from the Save in drop-down box and click Save.
To check if those files have been copied, double-click on My Computer icon and double-click the CD-ROM Drive icon.
To create folders in the formatted CD-R/RW media:
1. Double-click the My Computer icon and double-click the CD-ROM icon.
2. Right-click an open area in the window of the CD-ROM drive, point to New and click Folder.
3. Key in the desired name for the folder.
For more information how to use Adaptec DirectCD, please refer to the Automated Tutorial.