The image that is accompanied with the sent e-mail is always displayed in the text when the e-mail is clicked in the Outbox.
This symptom occurs on Outlook Express 5.* and the newer versions.
Unlike Outlook Express 4.* which has the Picture Slide Show function that enables user to show/hide the image attached to an e-mail, Outlook Express 5.* and the newer versions do not have such functions. Hence, it is normal to see the preview of the image in the text of the message.
To avoid this symptom, user may edit the registry with the steps below.
Registries are very important files for the Windows system. Improper editing of registries may cause the failure of the startup of Windows and force user to reinstall the entire system with the Recovery CD-ROM. Sony cannot be responsible for any problems that may occur from the editing of registries. Please save registries before editing them.
1. Click Start and click Run....
2. Key in regedit and click OK.
3. Expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\(ID)\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express\5.0.
4. Set 0 to the DROWD value of Automatically Inline Images.
- Setting 1 shows the images in vertical arrangement.
- Setting 2 shows them in the slide show style.
Fo more information, please refer to following solution in Microsoft's technical support website:
Article ID: Q234489
Title: OLEXP: How to Disable the Picture Slide Show Feature in Outlook Express.
Last reviewed: 03 October 2002