The transferable items are:
Settings transferable by Files and Settings Transfer Wizard are classified into the following 4 types.
1. Appearance: Includes wallpaper, color arrangements, sound settings, task bar locations and so on.
2. Operation: Includes settings such as key repeat intervals, whether double-clicking a folder should open a new window or within the same one, whether opening an item requires double-clicking or single-clicking and so on.
3. Internet: Includes the settings of Internet connections and the control of browser operation, URL of user's home page, My Favorites or book marks, cookies, settings of security, dialup connection and proxy.
4. Mail settings: Includes the information necessary for connecting to a mail server, signature files, and settings of display, mail rules, local mails and Address Book. The supported mail clients are Outlook and Outlook Express.
B. Setting groups
Items transferable by Files and Settings Transfer Wizard are as follows.
- Settings of Internet Explorer
- Settings of Outlook Express and saved data
- Settings of Outlook and saved data
- Settings of dial-up connections
- Telephone and modem options
- Settings of user assistance
- Selection of screen savers
- Folder options
- Settings of Task Bar
- Setting of a mouse and a keyboard
- Sound settings
- Area options
- Settings of Office
- Network drives and printers
- Desktop folders
- My Documents folders
- My Pictures folders
- My Favorites folders
- Cookies folders
- Common file types of Office
* To transfer the settings of programs
Files and Settings Transfer Wizard allows user to transfer the settings of specific Microsoft® Office programs (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word). As Files and Settings Transfer Wizard only transfers settings, without transferring the programs, user will need to install them to the new computer where the settings are being transferred to.
* To transfer files
Files are transferred by type (extensions such as *.doc), by folder (for example, C:\My Documents) or by specific names (for example, C:\Importan\money.mny).
Files and Settings Transfer Wizard allows users to transfer many common files and folders and to select folders, file types and specific files that they want to add or delete.
- When using Files and Settings Transfer Wizard, sometimes problem might occur for example like the program will close before its completion.
- If multiple Users were created, Files and Settings Transfer Wizard are to be schedule to ran for each Users.
For more information, please refer to the relevant solution in Microsoft's technical support website.
Article ID: Q307869
Title: Files and Settings are not transferred when you use the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard
Last reviewed: 30th October 2003