Follow the steps below to run Phone Dialer.
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open text box, enter dialer.exe.
3. The Phone Dialer window starts.
To add Phone Dialer to the Communications menu
1. Click Start, click My Computer, and then click the drive (drive C) to which Windows XP is installed.
2. Go to the following folder: Documents and Settings\All Users\Start\Programs\Accessories\Communications\.
3. In the Enter the location to create icon text box, enter c:\program files\windows nt\dialer.exe. Click Next.
* User can also specify the location by clicking the Browse button.
4. In the Type a name for this shortcut text box, enter a name. (For example Dialer.)
5. Click Finish.
For more details, please refer to the following solution in Microsoft's technical support website.
Article ID: Q285920
Last Reviewed: October 18, 2001
Title: Phone Dialer Is Not Available in the Communications Menu.