At the factory shipped state of the VAIO computer, the Disable fast shutdown option is selected.
Follow the steps below to enable the option.
1. Click Start and click Run.
2. Type msconfig in the text box and click OK.
3. In the General tab, click Advanced.
4. In Settings, select the Disable fast shutdown option.
5. Click OK twice.
6. When System Settings Change appears, click Yes.
For more information, please refer to the following solution in Microsoft's technical support website.
Article ID: Q238096
Last Modified: November 01, 2001
Title: Problems in shutting down Windows 98SE.