The Fax function is not installed to Windows in the factory shipped state. Please follow the steps below to install the Fax function.
1. Click Start>/b>, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to Communications and click FAX.
2. When Send Fax Wizard appears, click Next.
3. Enter the name and the Fax number of the recipient and click Next.
Alternatively, click Address Book and select the recipient from Outlook Express.
4. Select a cover page (optional) and click Next.
5. Set the time and priority of sending the fax and click Next.
6. Click Finish.
7. The fax will be sent automatically.
For more information, please refer to the following solution in Microsoft's technical support website.
Article ID: Q306550
Last Reviewed: October 18, 2001
Title: How to: Enable and Configure the Fax Service