You can update the SmartWatch 3 software wirelessly, or by using the Xperia™ Companion application on a computer.
To check for new software wirelessly
- Make sure that your SmartWatch 3 is connected to the phone or tablet.
- Phone or tablet: Make sure that your connected phone or tablet is connected to the internet.
- SmartWatch 3: Make sure that the screen is active, and then press and hold down the power key until the app menu appears.
- Find and tap Settings.
- Find and tap About > System updates. Your SmartWatch 3 will now check for updates.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
To check for new software using a computer
- Computer: If it is not already installed, download and install the Xperia™ Companion application from http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperia-companion/.
- Open the Xperia™ Companion application.
- Under Manage your Xperia, click Software update.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, but do not connect your SmartWatch 3 to the computer until you're told to in the Xperia™ Companion window.