This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and Improvements from the latest update
- Improves the transition between tracks when played back via Bluetooth
Previous Benefits and Improvements
- Improves the time required for database development and reassembly
The latest version of the firmware update is compatible with most commonly used versions of Mac OS:
IMPORTANT: Not supported by OSs other than specified below.
- OS X 10.10-10.11, macOS 10.12-10.13
- Firmware Update version 1.02 for DMP-Z1 (Mac)
- Version 1.02
- 120 MB (125,878,760 byte)
Check the firmware version
Do I need to download it? This update is not necessary if your DMP-Z1 has already been updated to firmware version 1.02 by the automatic firmware update function.
If you're not sure, it's easy to check which version of firmware you have:
- Tap the [Options/Settings] icon, in the bottom right corner of the screen
- Select the [Settings] menu
- Scroll until the bottom and choose the [Unit Information] menu Confirm the Model number and Firmware version
Before you upgrade
- Be sure to remain connected to the network while updating.
- After updating, the firmware cannot be reverted to an earlier version.
- Please transfer all data from the unit to the computer, since data which remains on the unit may be lost when upgrading.
We cannot guarantee tracks and data will not be damaged or deleted when performing this update.
- When upgrading, the unit needs to have free space of about 200 MB. Please confirm the amount of free space is sufficient.
- If there is not enough free space in the built-in flash memory, transfer any unnecessary data back to the computer to increase free space.
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
Download & Install
Step 1: Install the update
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Download the file to your computer.
- After completion of the download, connect your DMP-Z1 to your computer by USB connection.
- Quit all software running on your computer
- Double click the saved file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Please do not disconnect the unit from the computer during the upgrade.
- When the message indicating the upgrade is complete is displayed, click on [Finish].
Step 2: Check the update was successful
After the update, please confirm the new version has been installed successfully by following the steps in the [Check the firmware version] section.
If the Firmware version shown is “1.02”, the upgrade was successful.