About this download
The following are the minimum requirements to use the Player Plug-in Version 1.24 for Windows Media Player® program.
- IBM PC/AT or compatible (This program is not compatible with Macintosh.)
- CPU: 266MHz Pentium II processor or higher
- RAM: 64MB or more
- Hard disk space: 5MB or more depending on the size and number of sound files to be stored.
- Sound Board: Sound Blaster 16 compatible
- Display: High color (16bit) or more and 800 x 480 dots or more
- Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® 98/98 Second Edition, Windows® Millennium Edition, Windows® 2000 Professional, Windows® XP Professional/Home Edition,
- Windows Media Player®: Version 6.4 or higher (The computer must meet the requirements for Windows Media Player®)
This program is not for use with Windows® 95, Windows® NT Workstation 4.0.
File Name : PlayerPluginSetup.EXE
Download size: 1,136KB
Originally posted: 02th April 2004
- Sony Player Plug-in Version 1.24 for Windows Media Player
- Windows 98 (SE)
- Windows ME
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Please read the following instructions carefully to ensure proper installation of the update program.
- Sony Corporation (hereinafter referred to as Sony) cannot be responsible for any defects arising from the non-conformance of the instructions below.
- Please follow the procedure, and download make proper use of this program.
- This program is only for Sony Player Plug-in Version 1.24 for Windows Media Player.
- This program is only for Windows XP/2000/Me/98SE/98.
- This program has the copyright protection.
1. Prior to the download, quit all programs.
2. Create a new folder SonyTemp in the C: drive.
3. Download the file into the folder created in Step 2.
1. Close all the programs that are currently opened.
2. Click Start and select Run.
3. At the Run box, type C:\SonyTemp\PlayerPluginSetup.EXE and click OK to begin the installation.
(In this case, the program file PlayerPluginSetup.EXE was downloaded to the folder C:\SonyTemp
4. When the installation is completed, the Sony Player Plug-in for Windows Media Player has been successfully installed. message is displayed on the screen.
5. Restart the computer.
How to use Sony Player Plug-in Version 1.24 for Windows Media Player®
1. Select the dvf or msv file and double-click it.
2. The Windows Media Player program opens and playback starts.
The dvf or msv files can also be opened from the Windows Media Player program itself.