Below is the method to set up PPPoE (PPP over Ethernet) connection in Windows XP.
To set up an ADSL network connection, use New Connection Wizard to set up PPPoE connection.
Please properly connect the ADSL Modem and separator, use the phone cord or cable which can be recognized by the computer before setting up an ADSL connection.
Please follow the steps below to set up PPPoE connection via New Connection Wizard.
Note: If the computer cannot be connected to network by ADSL, please refer to the solutions below.
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Click Network and Internet Connections in Control Panel.
- Click Network Connections.
- Click Create a new connection in Network Tasks.
- Click Next in Welcome to the New Connection Wizard dialogue box.
- Select Connect to the Internet in Network Connection Type, and then click Next.
- Select Set up my connection manually in Getting Ready, and then click Next.
- Select Connect using a broadband connection that requires a user name and password in Internet Connection, and then click Next.
- Type a name in ISP Name, and then click Next.
※ Now type VAIO as an example.
The entered name will be the name of the connection users created.
- Type the corresponding information in User name, Password and Confirm password in Internet Account Information, and then click Next.
- Click Finish in Completing the New Connection Wizard.
- Click Cancel in Connect(Connect name).
After completing the above steps, a new network connection icon will appear in Network Connections.
- Return to Network and Internet Connections, and then click Set up or change your Internet connection.
Double-click the new network connection in Network Connections and type the user name and password, then click Connect. After that, the computer will be connected to the Internet.