Settings of the required data vary with the software used.
Please set the values after checking the running conditions and recommended settings of the software.
- Click Start and click Control Panel.
- Click Performance and Maintenance.
- Click System.
- Click Advanced and click Settings in Performance section.
- Click Advanced, and click Change in Virtual Memory.
- In the Drive section, select the drive in which Windows has been installed (usually Drive C).
- Check Custom size in Paging file size for selected drive bar, input required values in Initial size and Maximum size, and then click Set.Reference
Recommended setting value of Paging File Size.
- The initial size is more than 1.5 times of the total memory.
- The maximal size is more than 3 times of the initial size.
- The initial size is more than "256*1.5=384MB".
- The maximum size is more than "384*3= 1152MB".
In addition, when the setting size of Initial size and Maximum size are the same, the system will run at its best state.
- Click OK.
- Click OK in Performance Options, and then click OK in System properties.
- Restart Windows.
pagefile.sys in Windows XP, usually called Page File, is for storage of virtual memory. It is how Windows uses the space in hard disk to stimulate RAM in system.
|Title||How to set performance options in Windows XP|