- Check that VAIO Event Service is running.
Note: VAIO Event Service is only available on some models.
- Click Start, click Run, and click Services.
- Double-click on VAIO Event Service and set the Startup type to Automatic.
- Click OK.
Reinstall Sony Shared Library, Notebook Utilities and check for driver updates at the Sony Support site.
If the issue has not been resolved, uninstall and reinstall VAIO Event Service, even if it appears to be installed, running, and set to start automatically.
Using VAIO Care:
- Make sure the computer is powered on and press the ASISST button.
Note: If your computer does not have an ASISST button on the top of the keyboard, click the Start button, then click All Programs.
- In the All Programs menu, click the VAIO Care folder and then click VAIO Care.
- In the VAIO Care application click Advanced Tools.
- Click Recovery & Restore.
- Click Reinstall applications and drivers.
- Select VAIO Event Service.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Check that related utilities (Setting Utility Series, Sony Shared Library, VAIO Event Service, and VAIO Control Center) are installed.