IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Check the following steps.
NOTE: To connect the camera and smartphone(Android smartphone/tablet or iPhone/iPad) via Wi-Fi, the Imaging Edge Mobile application (PlayMemories Mobile successor) is needed.
- Use the latest version of the application and the camera’s system software.
NOTE: The latest version of the application can be found on the Imaging Edge Mobile Download website. For details of the camera's system software, refer to the support page of each product.
- Turn off your camera and your smartphone.
- Remove the battery pack and the memory card from the camera, and then reinsert them.
- If a recordable memory card is not correctly inserted into the camera, the camera may not be able to connect via Wi-Fi.
- Make sure to insert the memory card correctly after confirming the direction and front/back of the memory card.
- Turn on your camera and your smartphone.
- Check that Wi-Fi is enabled on each LCD screen of the camera and smartphone. When Wi-Fi is enabled, a Wi-Fi mark is displayed on the screen.
NOTE: When an airplane mark is displayed on the LCD screen, the airplane mode is enabled. In this case, you cannot make a Wi-Fi connection. Disable the airplane mode. For details on operation method, refer to the manual supplied with the product.
- Start the Imaging Edge Mobile app installed on the smartphone. For how to setup and operate, refer to the How to use section of the Imaging Edge Mobile website.
NOTE: If you are using an iPhone, tap Settings to turn on Wi-Fi. Then, select the SSID of the camera to connect with the camera via Wi-Fi and activate Imaging Edge Mobile.
- The camera settings can differ depending on your model. Select your camera model on the Remote shooting page to confirm the procedure to connect your camera and smartphone.
- Reset the camera setting and check if the symptom improves. For details on operation method, refer to the manual supplied with the product.