Follow these steps to transfer pictures from the memory card of your camera to your computer:
Note: The steps in this article are for a computer using a Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Insert the memory card into the card reader of your computer.
Note: If your computer doesn't have a compatible built-in memory card reader, use an external memory card adapter compatible with your computer and memory card.
- Use AutoPlay to copy the photos or copy them to your computer manually:
- On the AutoPlay pop-up window, click on Import pictures and follow the on-screen instructions
- Copy photos manually:
- On your computer, click Start.
- Click Computer.
- Click the icon of the drive that represents your memory card.
- Click the DCIM or MP_ROOT folder.
- Click the 100MSDCF folder.
Note: The number at the beginning of the picture folder may vary but always ends with MSDCF.
- Select the photos you want to copy.
- Use your mouse to drag and drop the photos to the desktop or another folder on your computer.
- If your camera model is supported by the PlayMemories Home software, use PlayMemories Home for operations such as importing XAVC S or AVCHD movies to the computer.
- Do not edit or otherwise process AVCHD movie files or folders from the connected computer or the movie files may be damaged or become unplayable.
- Do not delete or copy AVCHD movies on the memory card from the computer. Sony cannot be held liable for the consequences resulting from such operations via the computer.