This information is for the following models:
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
Note: The UDA-1, SRS-HG1, SRS-HG10, SRS-ZR7, RSX-GS9, NW-A45, NW-A45HN, NW-A46HN, NW-A47, NW-ZX300, NW-WM1A, NW-WM1Z, NW-A55, NW-A55HN, NW-A56HN, NW-A57 and DMP-Z1 models only support macOS 10.13 – 10.15.
About this download
Benefits and Improvements
- Compatible with macOS High Sierra10.13, macOS Mojave 10.14, macOS Catalina 10.15, macOS Big Sur 11, macOS Monterey 12.
Note: Compatiblity with macOS 11 – 12 depends on the model. See Applicable Models.
Hi-Res Audio Player is software that allows you to easily enjoy high-quality sound files. The software includes the following features:
- Easily Play high-res audio: When connected to a USB DAC device you can easily play hi-res audio, such as DSD files purchased from a music distribution site.
- Playlist function: You can create, save, and edit a playlist so you can play your favorite tunes the way you want.
- Play high-quality sound and more: Through the software settings you can play tunes with higher audio quality.
- Version 1.2.7
- 3.76 MB (3,950,363 bytes)
Hi-Res Audio Player can be used with the following system environments:
- Operating Systems: macOS 10.09 – 10.15, 11, 12
- Intel CPU models, 64-bit, and M1 chips are supported.
- Compatiblity with macOS 11 – 12 depends on the model. See Applicable Models.
- Screen resolution: 1,024 x 768 pixels or higher
- One of the above operating systems should be installed by default. Upgraded operating systems and multi-boot environments are not supported.
- Meeting the above system requirements does not guarantee operation for all computers.
Furthermore, the following systems are not supported:
- Personally constructed computers or operating systems
- Upgraded operating systems
- Multi-boot environments
- Multi-monitor environments
Download & Install
Step 1: Install the update
- Click the [Download] button.
- The installer file will be saved in the folder set as the destination folder in the browser settings. It will be saved into the [Downloads] folder by default.
- Double-click the installer file "Hi-ResAudioPlayer_1.2.7.pkg" saved on your computer. The installer package will be unpacked.
- The [Welcome to the Hi-Res Audio Player installer] screen will be displayed. Click [Continue].
- The [Software Licence Agreement] screen will be displayed. After you have read the text of the agreement, click [Continue].
- To confirm that you accept the agreement, click [Agree].
- The [Select a Destination] screen will be displayed. Select a disk and click [Continue].
- Specify the installation type. For standard installation, the internal hard-disk drive will be selected automatically. If you want to install to another drive, click [Change install location...]. After you have selected the destination, click [Install].
- The [Installing Hi-Res Audio Player] screen will be displayed and installation will begin.
- When you are prompted to log in, enter your password and click [Install Software].
- After installation is complete, the [The installation was completed successfully.] screen is shown. Click [Close] to exit the installer.
Step 2: Check the update was successful
To start the Hi-Res Audio Player, click the [Hi-Res Audio Player] icon in the [Applications] folder.
Note: If the Hi-Res Audio Player screen is not shown, click the icon in the Dock.
Questions & Answers
- Cannot install Hi-Res Audio Player.
- Make sure that Hi-Res Audio Player is compatible with your operating system. Check the system requirements and install Hi-Res Audio Player on a computer with a compatible operating system installed.
- Make sure that there is enough free space on the hard disk drive of your computer. If not, delete any unnecessary files from your computer.
- Hi-Res Audio Player does not start. Or, Hi-Res Audio Player window is not displayed correctly.
- Your computer may not be functioning normally. Start other software to check if your computer is functioning normally.
- Your computer may not be functioning normally. Restart your computer.
- Hi-Res Audio Player may not be installed correctly. Uninstall Hi-Res Audio Player, and then install it again.