IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Note: Xperia 1 IV and later models do not support data transfer with Xperia Transfer 2. Please transfer the data using Google cloud services.
Note: You need to download and install the "Xperia Transfer 2" application from Google Play in Xperia 1 II or Xperia 5 II or Xperia 10 II or Xperia PRO or Xperia 1 III or Xperia 10 III, Xperia 5 III or Xperia PRO-I.
"Xperia Transfer 2" application is to transfer the data and content from your old smartphone (iPhone / Android) to your new Xperia.
- To transfer the data from your old iPhone*2, you don’t need to install the “Xperia Transfer 2” into it. You can start to transfer the data and content from your old iPhone by following the instructions on the “Xperia Transfer 2” app.
Note! *2: iOS version needs to be 9.0 or higher.
- “Xperia Transfer 2” cannot transfer the data in the applications, such as point-data in the game apps. Depending on the apps or services, you may be able to take over your account by re-registering on your new Xperia. For more information, please contact the developer's support of each app and services.
- Please do not add, revise or delete any data during data transfer is on.
- Please make sure the batteries have more than 50% charge on both your smartphones before you start the data transfer.
Transferring data from iPhone
- Your old iPhone should be iOS version 9.0 or higher.
- You can transfer the data in your old iPhone by cable connection. You can also transfer the data and content restored in iCloud by Wi-Fi connection.
- You need to unregister the iMessage registration on your old iPhone to receive the SMS/MMS messages in your new Xperia. You may be able to unregister it in your old iPhone or using the web. please refer the home page of Apple Inc.
- Please update the “Xperia Transfer 2” app in your new Xperia to the latest version from Google Play.
- To transfer the data of Message, you need to temporarily set the “Xperia Transfer 2” as the default SMS application on your new Xperia before you start transferring.
To temporarily set the “Xperia Transfer 2” as default SMS application on your new Xperia.
- Find and tap Settings > Apps & notifications > Default apps> SMS app
- Set “Xperia Transfer 2” as default SMS application.
After transferring the data, you can set your favourite messaging app as a default one by following the instructions on “Xperia Transfer 2”. If you can’t confirm the message data on your new Xperia even after transfer, please select your favourite messaging app again in the settings of “Apps & notifications”.
Transferring by cable connection
- If the “Xperia Transfer 2” would be stuck in the preparing screen, please cancel it once then start over from the start of the “Xperia Transfer 2”.
Transferring from iCloud
- You need to connect your new Xperia to the internet with Wi-Fi.
- You need to sync your iPhone with iCloud.
- If your iCloud account would be locked, please contact Apple support page.