2. In the Control Panel window, click System and Maintenance.
3. In the System and Maintenance window, click Device Manager. NOTE: If prompted for an administrator password or a User Account Control prompt is displayed, type the appropriate password or click Continue.
4. In the Device Manager window, click the plus (+) next to Modems to expand the selection and then click to select the appropriate modem.
5. On the menu bar, click View and then click Properties.
6. In the Modem Properties window, click on the Modem tab.
7. On the Modem tab, change the desired settings.
* To change the wait for dial tone setting, in the Dial Control section, click to check or uncheck the Wait for dial tone before dialing setting.
* To adjust the port speed, in the Maximum Port Speed section, click the down arrow and then click to select the desired speed.
8. Click the OK button.