Follow these steps to troubleshoot why the universal remote control may not be working properly with the programmed component:
NOTE: Some component functions may not be accessible or operate correctly using a universal remote control. Use of the original remote control may be necessary to perform these functions.
- Check the remote control for jammed buttons.
- Remove the batteries from the remote control.
- With the batteries removed, press every button on the remote control twice.
- Insert new batteries into the remote control.
- Program the remote control. Please refer to the supplied instruction manual for details.
Note: Depending on the remote, it may not be programmable and remote codes are not required.
- Test the function of the component using the original remote control that was provided with the component.
- Reprogram the remote control using a different manufacturer code, if available.