About this download
Micro Vault Virtual Expander is pre-installed Sony's unique file compression software.
This software will compress your data to virtually store about 3 times* as much data!
* 3 times as much data is an average based on actual tests performed by Sony on a sample of 14 files of various types. Already compressed files may not be able to be further compressed.
- You can use Micro Vault Virtual Expander with Windows 7 , Windows Vista and Windows XP (SP1 or later).
- Administrator rights are required.
- Software compatible models: USM-LX, USM-L, USM-H, USM-JX, USM-J (pre-installed), USM-J/UM (to be downloaded).
- Micro Vault Virtual Expander software
- Windows 7
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Create a folder to store the downloaded file.
- Save the downloaded file (VirtualExpander_v27.exe) in this folder.
- When the download is completed, use Windows Explorer to browse to the folder where the file is saved. Click View and click Details.
* If the file size is the same as the download size (719 KB), the download is successful. If the size is different, please delete the file and download it again.
- Connect the MicroVault to the computer.
- Copy VirtualExpander_v27.exe into the MicroVault.
- Double-click the VirtualExpander_v27.exe file in the Micro Vault to start the application.
- There will be a message prompt. When Yes is selected, Virtual Expander will start automatically when the computer starts up. Otherwise click No.