Troubleshooting an Android TV™ or Google TV™: How to know if a downloaded application is causing an issue, and how to resolve the problem
Check the following.
If your BRAVIA TV does not work correctly, there is a possibility that a downloaded application is the cause. Start the TV in Safe Mode and check if the symptoms occur while the downloaded application is disabled. For details on how to operate the TV in Safe Mode, refer to the How to turn on/off the Safe mode? article.
If you were able to start the TV in Safe Mode and confirm that a downloaded application is affecting the TV's operation, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- From Google Play Store, update the downloaded application you believe is causing the issue to latest version available.
- Follow these steps to perform Clear data procedure:
- Open the Settings screen. How to access Settings
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options:
- Select Apps — See all app — the application with problems. (Android™ 9 or later)
- Select Apps — the application with problems in the System app or Running app category. (Android 8.0 or earlier)
- Select Clear data then OK.
- Refer to the application web page, the e-mail address listed, or FULL DESCRIPTION of each application.
Note: The steps below might be changed without any notice.
- Consider uninstalling the application.
Note: Related Troubleshooting: Troubleshooting an Android TV or Google TV: What are the benefits of restarting the TV and software updates? / Issues with the sound and screen