Wi-Fi Direct allows you to wirelessly connect a device to the TV without using a wireless router, and then stream videos, photos, and music from that device directly to the TV.
Note: For other wireless connection methods, refer to the following articles:
Before you start
- Make sure your TV software is updated to the latest version.
- Depending on your TV model, the device that you are using, or regions/countries, some functions may not be available.
- Not all TVs have the Wi-Fi Direct feature. To see if your product supports the Wi-Fi Direct feature, check the specifications or the supplied manual.
- For more details regarding the Wi-Fi Direct feature, refer to the article What is the Wi-Fi Direct feature?
Set up and use the Wi-Fi Direct feature
Activate the Wi-Fi Direct mode on the TV and establish a connection with the device. Once the setup is complete, media can be shared between the device and the TV.
Step1. Set up the Wi-Fi Direct feature of the TV
Note: For your TV model, refer to the article How to check if your BRAVIA TV is a Google TV™, Android TV™, or other TV.Google TV and Android TV models Other TV models released in 2015 and later Other TV models released in 2013 and 2014 Other TV models released in 2011 and 2012 Android™ mobile device iOS mobile device Computer Camera
If the device cannot connect to the TV, refer to the article The Wi-Fi Direct or Screen mirroring function doesn't work.
If the issue is not resolved, or the connection is unstable, try one of these alternative methods:
* Apple, iPhone, and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions.